Sunday, April 27, 2008

Observing From a Distance




Many people look forward to Brytten and Ryan posting something new on the blog and now that they are home it is harder for them to write something every day so I thought I would take this opportunity to write something as a person observing from a distance. I am Brytten's sister Cortney and I thought that I should take this opportunity to brag on my amazing sister. Brytten posted a while ago about how wonderful Ryan is and I believe that Brytten needs her time to shine. I do not get to be with Teagan every day but when I am at the Pettit home there are many times when I just like to sit in admiration as I observe my INCREDIBLE sister being a loving wife and most of all a very loving and caring mother. Before Teagan came into our family I would have never imagined my sister being able to do the things that she does each day. The thought of a shot would make her cringe but when that time comes for Teagan to get all of his meds she is ready for it. She is so willing to do what it takes to help her precious baby. Brytten does what it takes and is not afraid to do it. She was so strong before but now is even stronger both physically and spiritually. While Teagan requires a lot of attention she has not neglected Mason through all of this. She still gives him the love and attention that he needs. My question is, How does Brytten Pettit do it? She never stops and never even thinks about coming close to taking a pause. The word tired has a totally different meaning now. I thought that I was tired going to school each day but now that doesn't seem like a big deal. Brytten goes through so much and only sleeps when she absolutley has to. Brytten is everything that a mother is expected to be and Yes, she is even more when no one could think that would be possible. I am trying so hard to describe how wonderful Brytten is but I am honestly finding it impossible. I wanted to be able to get on here and just explain in the perfect words how amazing my sister is but like this whole experience, words can not explain it. There are no words that can express the feelings that I feel about my sister. I can only thank my Heavenly Father for blessing me with my sister Brytten and I guess the best thing to say is that if I am given the opportunity to be a mother I hope that I will be able to be as good as she is. I have incredible examples to look at of what a mother should be so now it my responsibility to take what I have and simply just observe....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Courtney, thank you for sharing this with us all. I have been able to catch glimpses here and there and I also have struggled with words to describe how strong both Brytten & Ryan have been through all of this. I think you have done a good job at giving Bryt the props she deserves!! Well said.

Aunt Kim said...

Cortney, I think your words were wonderful and beautiful. All you Maples women are amazing with the written word. I wish a had that gift. Love you all XOXO

Natalie J said...

That is a wonderful tribute to Brytt. You are right that she is amazing and you put it perfectly. Thanks.

Matt said...

Jo, your post was ok. Just kidding you rocked it out. I love both of my sisters and miss you both so very much. Remember when we used to play house with our babies and we all lived together? Maybe we really should!! :)

Michon said...

Cortney, thank you for posting on the blog. We are all praying for all of you guys. We are so proud of the way you have accepted this challenge. Wish we were closer so we could take our turn helping, but know that we love you guys with all our HEARTS and we pray for you everyday. We know that our Heavenly Father is watching over you every single minute. Grandma Maples said to tell you (Cortney) that she loves your entry on the blog. She is so proud of all of you and comments everytime I read her the blogs of how talented you girls are at writing. The pictures are great and the boys look so cute. Keep up the good work out there and we will be thinking and praying for you all out here at the beach.

All our love,
Michon, Val, Jess, Em, Blake, MinDee and Geoff