Saturday, May 24, 2008

Date Night

We want to thank Glen and Stacey for coming early last night so we could go on a date for the first time since I was pregnant. We had fun at dinner with Levi and Megan, but I could not stop thinking about the boys. Mason got a cold on Wednesday and I have been going crazy trying to keep the house germ free, but like with everything else I can only do so much and the rest is in Gods hands. When we went to the doctor the other day Mason read a book in the doctors office (with gloves on mind you) and he was very interested in it and talked about white blood cells all the way home, so long story short, on our date we stopped by Barnes and Nobel to find this book but we didn't have any luck. We did find another one on germs, but he didn't find it quite as cool. Stacey gave Teagan his shot, what a women!
Today Mom and G helped with Teagan, they both wore scrubs, they looked so professional. G-ma Maples stopped by with dinner and treats, it was very nice, she is one of the best cooks I know, she makes all my favorite treats! Thanks G-ma!
With it being Memorial weekend I reflect on the reason we celebrate it. This year I think of G.G. and Grandpa Maples. A lot of times when we were up at the hospital, when we said nightly prayers with Teagan, I would call on the angels to come be with him while I went home. I could see G.G. sitting there singing and rocking him all night. And I knew Papa was sitting by his bed reading Readers Digest, one morning I even saw a R.D. sitting there as if someone had left it behind. I miss them both, but at this time they are helping more from that side than either of them could have done here. Although I won't be able to go to their grave sites, I would like to pay my respects right here.

5 comments:

Chelsee said...

Gosh could you just go one post without making me cry? Brytt you are so amazing. Not that you were not spiritual before being a mom, it is just that now you radiate Christ like love with all your being. What a blessing you have given to us through your new perspective.

ps Oh how I wish we were in Nephi!

The Simmons Family said...

YEAH for you to go out on a date...That is so important!!

I use the Medipore tape on Owen's face. It's a cloth tape and it comes off easily in the bath or shower so it doesn't hurt his skin. I can change it everynight and it doesn't bother him. I can't use the tegaderm clear tape...too sticky and it rips their little skin off :(. Hope this helps.

Geoff and MinDee said...

Brytt, Thank you so much for putting that picture of Grandma on there with Teag. It is always nice to see her smiling face! And also thank you for remembering grandpa! What an amazing man! We love you and pray always! Lots of love from the beach crew!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you two finally got out. The first time is always the hardest. As far as I can tell, we are all healthy this week. I'll stop by sometime to say hi (unless something else comes up).

Aunt Kim said...

I second that Chels, I wish we were all in Nephi! XOXO