Well I haven't updated on Teagan much lately because, not much has changed. We are still on the floor, still on antibiotics for his foot although we are not sure what is going on with his foot. His blood tests all come back normal, no signs of infection, but his foot is still red, tender, and swollen. ID thinks it might be a clot, but the ultrasound showed good blood flow and no clot. ID still thinks it is a surface clot, so I asked if it could travel to his heart or head and they said no it would be a different kind. They said they will just watch it and keep him on his antibiotics longer. The other reason we are still here is he did not pass his swallow study and we want to proceed with the Nissan and G-tube. He pukes a lot of thick mucus. Dr. Day explained to me most heart babies die from aspirating not heart failure after the Glenn and Fontan. That really hit me, I have to know we tried everything if Teagan's time does come. I will not leave until it is done, so here we are just waiting. Hopefully we can have it the beginning of next week. It will entail a night or so in the PICU and a few more days on the floor learning how to it works and to make sure he can eat. He will be able to have bottles and our biggest goal will be to stop an oral aversion by using his binky and trying bottles. Dr. Harris explained it well, " We eat from the top of our heads down: Our mind says I'm hungry, our eyes say that looks good, our nose says that smells good, we take it by mouth, down the throat, to the belly and out the bum." The G-tube will skip most of those steps and could cause some issues for the future. So we will try to avoid this, but we know after many prayers and consultations that it is best for Teagan, we have to know we did all we could do, and the rest in in Gods hands. We know he has a plan for Teagan and although we don't know what it is, we know that it is best. All along all we have wanted is what's best for Teagan, life is too short for what if's. ID was concerned that T might have a syndrome called Di-George and tested for it, we didn't want to alarm all of you because to us it would not matter if he did or did not it would just be one more thing. Anyway the test did come back negative and now we just have to figure out why he has low calcium and low white blood cells, but the docs are not too concerned so we will just be alert. Please pray that we can figure out what is going on with his foot and that we can have this surgery soon, thanks for all the prayers and support.
Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, because life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.